Vaccines are biological suspensions administered to prevent infectious diseases. Currently 100% imported, KSA has ambitions to localize manufacturing of various vaccine types (incl. toxoids, live attenuated, conjugates and recombinant protein vaccines).
- Expected Investment size in USD: 50 – 500M per antigen (dependent on antigen chosen, design complexity, automation, utilities, contamination controls)
- Plant capacity: 80M – 120M doses annually
- Expected IRR: 15 – 20%
- Payback period: ~10 years
- Job Creation: ~500 jobs, mixture of advanced postgraduate manufacturing jobs, regulatory staff and blue-collar jobs e.g., packaging, logistics
- GDP Impact USD: 30M – 300M
- Location (Examples): KAEC, Jeddah, Qassim Industrial Area, NEOM OXAGON, Sudair, Riyadh, Tabuk
contact our Vaccine Manufacturing Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.